Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week #9, Thing #23

WOW, what a wonderful trip it's been. It is hard to select just one exercise as the most rewarding; all of them had merit and added so much to my repertoire of web utilities. I thought I knew a lot, but realized I know so little of what's happening on the web. I truly want to keep abreast of the innovations in technology that teens and young adults are so good at discovering and using. But, without a course like this I can hardly imagine being able to keep up (and barely, at that!) And, keeping up is imperative if we librarians, particularly young-adult librarians, want to add to our credibility. If nothing else, my desire to keep on learning has been re-affirmed by completing these "23 things". I commit to learning as much as I can and as quickly as I can. I fear that I will never be able to catch up with the innovations that seemingly appear overnight, but I will try my best.

I suppose if I had to summarize my experience with the "23 Things", it would be "ENLIGHTENMENT". Please, please do this again. If I hadn't participated this summer, I would have been forever floundering around in Craig's List looking for all manner of unnecessary stuff!!!

Pat Kuhn

No comments: