Monday, August 18, 2008

Week #9, Thing #22

I'm hooked on listening to audio books and enjoyed discovering resources on the web for acquiring new ones during this latest "Thing". I just downloaded The Call of the Wild from the website "Librivox". Downloading to my ITunes account was so easy. From there I'll put it on my IPod, playing it through the IPod Nano or in my car. Love the fact it is such easy access. I wonder, though, about e-books. I've been debating for the last several months about e-books in my middle school library. I just don't know how popular or effective they will be. I know I have to investigate this medium to make a final decision about purchasing some for our collection. I myself have never used an e-book, but seems like now is the right time. I have to admit, though, for me....there is nothing like the feel of a book in your hands, pulling the covers over a weary body, looking forward to a good 20 minutes of reading before sleep steals consciousness. BTW, loved the British Online Gallery. What an amazing site. Enjoyed looking at the historic maps. Nothing like it that I can tell.

No comments: