Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week #9, Thing #21

I've used ITunes store to subscribe to podcasts in the past. One in particular I like is the Photoshop Elements Tips Podcast. I enjoy learning how to use Photoshop Elements on my own time, without having to labor over a manual or a tutorial on DVD. I can choose which feature I would like to know more about and I can listen and SEE how to perform a particular Photoshop function without having to follow a prescribed table of contents sequencing. I did, however, check out some of the podcasting sites recommended and was truly amazed at the quantity and depth of subject matter, just for educational topics alone. I also took a course using Apple's Garageband in which we learned how to create our own podcasts, a simple procedure, but like anything worth doing, preparation of quality content is key!! Students can use podcasting to learn AND to create their own content.

No comments: