Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week 3 Thing 5: Photos and Images


There are SOOO many gorgeous photos. I've included one that resonates especially for me, particularly at this time of year.

I've "wasted" too much time on Flickr, Smugmug, Piccasa, etc. The photographs can be stunning. Absolutely fabulous, though. To date, I'm most comfortable using my computer and Iphoto, Imovie/Idvd to create projects that utilize the photos I take. However, now that I have seen the amazing opportunities for members of sites like Flickr, it's getting more attractive to join a community of like-minded individuals. Not only do you have the benefit of seeing great photographs, you also learn of the camera specifics of each photo, and can tap into the community by way of commenting on the photos, joining a special group, and getting advice from the flickr community.

I would like to figure out how best to use services like Flickr in my middle school environment.

No comments: